Its true that winter can be a slow when trying to set up showings to sell your home! With a few tips from Veterans United Real Estate and Realtor.com you will be able to feel a little bit better about selling your home this winter!
- Display the year-round beauty - make sure there are seasonally appropriate exterior photos of your property but also have on hand photos from the spring, summer & fall will give buyers a sense of year-round beauty.
- "Warm & cozy" is key - create this ambiance to encourage the right buyer reaction, turn on the heat, highlight a functional fireplace, and use throws and rugs to instantly warm a room.
- Decorate tastefully - classic Christmas lights or a scented holiday candle can welcome buyers and lift spirits. Take advantage of the holiday season by encouraging sellers to incorporate attractive holiday decor.
- Keep the tight lending climate in mind when pricing and marketing your winter listings.
- Inventory often shrinks during the winter. With fewer houses on the market, its easier to give your listing a comparative advantage.
- Place a holiday welcome mat outside the front door to welcome potential buyers with some holiday cheer.
- Keep your driveway and walkway free of snow and ice! Don't make it hard for buyers to get inside your home. If your not currently living in the home you're trying to sell, hire someone to take care of this maintenance for you, it will be well worth the cost!
- Keep your home well lit! If your home is vacant keep your lights on a timer, prospective buyers may do a "drive-by" before scheduling a showing and a well lit home looks engaging and inviting!