We're here to help home buyers find the perfect home. Our team is ready to help you locate, evaluate, make an offer on, and buy your next home. The process of buying a home can be complex and intimidating. That's why a good Realtor can make all the difference. Benefit from the experience of our team by letting us help you through the process.
Questions? Contact Geri Reilly for all of your Vermont real estate needs!
Learn More About Buying
- Quick Mortgage Qualifier - Determine the amount of mortgage financing you can qualify for, based on a 30 year fixed mortgage
- Mortgage Application Checklist - This checklist outlines the kind of information and documentation you'll likely need when applying for a mortgage loan
- Moving Tips - These handy tips will help keep you organized while you prepare to move
- Dictionary of Buyers Terms - The real estate world has its own language and it can sometimes get confusing, familiarize yourself with the home buying terms
- Finances, etc. - Learn more about the mortgage options you have when buying a home
- Buyer's Closing Checklist - The homebuying process doesn't end when you've found your dream home, be sure to complete the items on this list
- Advantages of Home Ownership - Not totally sure if homeownership is right for you? We have outlined the benefits of owning your own home
Geri's Buying Tips
- Can You Afford That House? - Banks & mortgage brokers use several ways to decide how much home loan you can qualify for
- A Final Checklist For Buyers
- Location, Location, Location! - The three most important things about real estate are location, location, & location. Well, it's not much of an exaggeration.
- Making An Offer - One of the most difficult comes after you've found that perfect house - now you have to decide how much to offer
- Finding The Right House - Have you thought long and hard about what kind of house you need?
- Are "Fixer-Uppers" for You? - Advantages and Disadvantages of Fixer-Upper
- Building Equity in Your Home - Buying a home is a great way to improve your family's financial security. The main way is through home equity. What is equity?
- Why Credit Reports Are Important - Before you begin the search for a new home, take some time to look up your credit report
- How Credit Scoring Affects You - Credit scoring is a scientific system creditors use to help determine whether to give you credit
- How Big Should Your Down Payment Be? - It can be daunting to consider making a down payment on a house & first-time buyers may be unsure how big that down payment should be
- Mortgages & Deeds of Trust - Nearly everyone who takes out a loan to purchase a property refers to the loan as a mortgage
- Negotiation - An experienced real estate agent is no stranger to negotiation
- Special Financing Circumstances - If any of the following apply to you, please read what will be required of you when applying for a loan
- Understanding Real Estate Terminology - Real estate jargon can seem intimidating. Here are a few common terms you should know
- What's the Best Timing? - If you don't currently own a house or a condo, you're probably renting
- Which House Is Which? - If you've ever looked at a lot of houses in a short period of time, you know how confusing it can be
- Why Does A Buyer Need An Agent? - Don't feel overwhelmed - you only need to talk to one realtor & here's why
- Why Pre-Approval? - There are advantages to getting pre-approved for a loan before you begin your home search
- Why Should You Buy Instead of Rent? - There are many advantages to owning instead of renting
- Applying for a Mortgage - 7 steps applying for a mortgage
- Home Mortgage Basics - Learn about all the different types of mortgage