The key to holiday staging tips is to not overdo it according to HGTV FrontDoor.com! Read up on some tips for staging your home during the holidays!
- Stick to a few simple decorative touches, such as a pine cone centerpiece or an evergreen wreath.
- Avoid using decorations that might clash with your current color scheme.
- Use accessories to draw attention to the home's best features by hanging a few tasteful ornaments from the mantel to showcase an elegant fireplace or hang an evergreen garland around the bay window
- Set the table to showcase holiday entertaining, most buyers look for a home they can easily entertain in!
- Don't crowd our lawn with your favorite inflatables while your home is on the market. Instead resort to classic string lighting around shrubs and trees in your front yard.
- Now its time to make your home warm and inviting! Light a fire in the fireplace or use some of the following tricks to make your home smell like the holidays:
- Boil spices together such as cinnamon, vanilla, clove, allspice, and nutmeg
- Pick a scented oil and use it with DIY projects to add a holiday scent to decorations!
- Add dried lemon or orange peels to your fireplace for a nice scent!
- Think about the size of your space and the size of your Christmas tree! If you have a smaller space think about a tall but skinny tree so it does not overwhelm your floor space.
So to wrap it just remember a few key details when trying to sell your home during the holiday season - light your fireplace, update outdoor lighting, make sure your home has a warm and inviting smell, make your home feel cozy, and make sure your holiday decorations look tasteful and are not overdone!