Here are some helpful tips to help you set the stage for success when it comes to styling and upgrading your home when planning to put your house on the market!
- The most important thing you can do is get rid of clutter! It makes your home look bigger, so ask yourself what you can live without!
- Think about the way your furniture is arranged, furnish your space by floating furniture away from walls, reposition sofas & chairs into cozy conversational groups, etc. This will not only make your rooms feel larger but also will give your space a more user-friendly feel.
- If you have a room that serves only for storage, re-purpose it into something that will add to the value of your home. Some ideas include a cozy reading room, a spacious home office, or an exercise room, the possibilities are endless!
- Another key to make your home look warm and inviting is great lighting. Increase wattage in your lamps and fixtures. Aim for a total of 100 watts for each 50 sqft. Make sure your have these 3 types of lighting: ambient (general or overhead), task (pendant, under-cabinet or reading) and accent (table and wall).
- Paint! Using a fresh neutral color in a room helps tone down any dated finished in the space. Bold wall colors tend to have a way of reducing offers, so go with neutrals in large spaces, while dark paint in a bedroom can make the space more intimate and cozy.
- A nice and important touch to staged homes are fresh flowers. Put together a simple bouquet appropriate to the season, it will warm up your decor!
- Now some bedroom staging tips: it is easy to create a relaxing bedroom setting with luxurious looking linens, soft colors, a new bed frame, and don't forget to de-clutter! Clean out closets, to optimize the look of your storage space!
- Bathroom staging tips: Having tile freshly painted can make an outdated bathroom look brand new, accessorizing can make buyers feel like they're in a spa! Pu tout items such as rolled towels, decorative candles etc.
- Last but not least there are many simple ways to boost your curb appeal! Many buyers who are thinking of touring your home may do a drive-by first. Power wash siding and walkways, make sure your house numbers are easy to read, plant fresh and blooming flowers, mow the lawn, wash your windows and repaint or stain the porch floor as needed!