If you want to get the best price for your home and sell it as quickly as possible, you need to get your house ready to show to buyers. Keep these ideas in mind as you get to work:
- Think curb appeal. Take a good look at your landscaping and think hard about hiring a gardener or landscaper to clean up your lawn and hedges. Edge the lawn and trim the bushes for a tidy look. Ask what you can do to get your lawn and plants in good shape. Buy some pots and flowers and liven up your front walkway.
- Examine windows and paint. Repair, replace, repaint. Make sure the front doorbell works. Fresh paint on woodwork and doors makes a lasting impression. Replace broken windows and clean the rest.
- Get rid of clutter, as much as possible. Box up extra possessions and put them in storage. The goal is to make your house appear bigger, tidier, and cleaner.
- Paint any rooms that seem tired, dingy, or outdated. Use simple, calm colors that will appeal to the broadest range of buyers and when in doubt stick with white.
- Give all your walls a good scrubbing, but pay special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms. Examine areas near doorknobs and light switches carefully. Glue down curling wallpaper. Shampoo your carpets. Dust and clean throughout the house.
- If you can, buy some flowers before that open house. You might even try to fill a vase or two in the living room and the master bedroom before each showing.
Questions? Contact us today!