- 1853Year Built
This stunning Victorian home is what one would expect to find in Vermont's oldest city! Enter through the double door into the main foyer where you are greeted with immediate charm of the original woodwork and warm refinished hardwood floors which are featured throughout the home. To the right, sits the living room with bay window, whitewashed exposed ceiling and pellet stove. Beyond, you will see one of the highlights of the home, the hand-carved staircase, and a cozy yet light-filled den with decorative fireplace tucked behind. The dining area with built-in corner cabinet flows nicely into the freshly remodeled kitchen featuring high-end stainless appliances and half bath. As you head up the gorgeous staircase, you will fall in love with the large landing featuring an exposed lathe wall, gas stove, and built-it reading nook with the perfect sunset view overlooking the Adirondacks! 3 bedrooms including a master with a wall of closets, a tastefully updated full bath, and a bonus room with laundry closet complete the second level. Outside, the 3 season porch and back yard will serve as your private oasis boasting grape vines and berry bushes and offers plenty of space for gardening, fire pit, shed and family fun. Walking distance to everything in downtown Vergennes as well as the Otter Creek basin and falls. Truly an exquisite home offering historic character throughout, yet approachable and comfortable with modern touches-perfect combination old and new in this forever home!
Ask Me A Question
- LM MST WGARAttached
- List Price$399,000
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Total Baths2
- MLS Number4656483
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot
- ZoningHistoric Neighborhood(HN)
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Road Frontage82
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Property TypeSingle Family
- ElectricCircuit Breaker(s)
- Heat FuelGas - LP/Bottle, Oil, Pellet
- Heat SystemMulti Zone, Radiator, Stove - Gas, Stove - Pellet
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NNo
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Tax Map
- PossessionAt Closing
- StreetSouth Water
- Building Number21
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- DistrictAddison Northwest
- Elementary SchoolVergennes UES #44
- Junior HighVergennes UHSD #5
- High SchoolVergennes UHSD #5
- AreaIn Town, Near Shopping, Near Public Transportatn
- Room 1 TypeKitchen
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions16' x 19'5"
- Room 2 TypeDining Room
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions15'8" x 20'10"
- Room 3 TypeDen
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions9' x 11'5"
- Room 4 TypeLiving Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions13'9" x 15'8"
- Room 5 TypeMaster Bedroom
- Room 5 Level2
- Room 5 Dimensions12'10" x 15'9"
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions9'10" x 15'9"
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions10'9" x 14'1"
- Room 8 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 8 Level2
- Room 8 Dimensions14'5" x 15"
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Dining Area, Fireplace - Gas, Fireplaces - 2, Hearth, Lead/Stain Glass, Living/Dining, Natural Light, Natural Woodwork, Laundry - 2nd Floor
- Year Built1853
- Full Baths1
- FloorsHardwood, Softwood, Tile
- Water HeaterOwned
- Total Rooms8
- APX Unfin Below Grade864
- BasementBulkhead, Concrete Floor, Crawl Space, Dirt Floor, Insulated, Stairs - Interior, Storage Space, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- Half Bath1
- Property StyleHistoric Vintage, Victorian
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Square Feet2485
- RoofShingle, Slate
- Exterior ColorYellow
- Exterior FeaturesGarden Space, Natural Shade, Porch - Enclosed
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom,1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr, Hard Surface Flooring
- Parking Spaces1
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, Parking Spaces 2
- Broker NameThe Real Estate Company of Vermont, LLC
- Agent NameBirong
- Date Listed08/31/2017
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos27
- View Count9
There is no data available
There is no data available
|School Name||Distance||Type||Grades||Test Score Rating||Parent Rating|
"Geri Reilly and her team were amazing to work with! It was evident that we were getting the best service in the way we were kept in the loop on every communication, the way Geri worked hard negotiating terms and was able to get exactly what we asked for and more. The overall experience was delightful and we would not hesitate to [...]
- Elizabeth & Kush, Essex Jct
Geri is the best, I called her from Florida where I now reside and told her I wanted to sell my condo in Vermont. She handled everything, she had an electrician, fire saftey people, glass people and ther workers come to our condo to do some work required by inspection. She has a closing coordinator in her office that handles everything and [...]
Ken & Sandy, Florida
We bought our house from Geri, 14 years later she sold it for us. The selling in particular was not a simple process, made complicated by the fact that we were long gone by the time we sold. Geri took care of all of the details that we could not. She also stayed in frequent contact with us and helped us to resolve a wide range of potential [...]
Janet & David, Essex
Thank you all so much for the part you played in my new home purchase. Stephanie, without you there would be no perfect home, you persisted in finding the exact one to my specs, Geri for always being on top of it all (what would we all do without dot loop). I can't wait to get back there to see it! I know this was all worth it!
I want to take this opportunity to offer a testimonial of the great work and service you provided during the marketing and sale of our home in Shelburne, VT. It was a unique property that appealed to a limited sphere of buyers in a serious downturn in real estate. And you SOLD IT! ...As far as I am concerned, you are the best real estate [...]
Jerry, Webster, NY
Thank you is not enough to say for getting my house sold. I am so relieved to have it behind me and get on with my life. I have enjoyed working with you and would highly recommend you.
Joan, South Burlington, VT
A tiny note with a great big thank you. You were great to work with and I appreciate all your help. Can't wait for you to see my new abode.
Pat, South Burlington, VT
"Geri was extremely helpful during the sale of our house. We ended up selling our house in only four days. With Geri's knowledge of local real estate we were able to decide on the right asking price. Geri also helped me with ideas when it came to staging our home to sell quickly."
- Margaret & Bert, Burlington 2015
Emma and I wanted to thank you both for everything! Stephanie, you were so patient and helpful in our home search. As first time home buyers we really appreciated all the guidance you provided. Geri, we really appreciate your help in the negotiations. We felt very well represented throughout. We are so excited about our new home and we [...]
Josh & Emma, Burlington 2014
Thanks for all you have done! You have secured your spot as my go to realtor for future housing transactions.