- 1853Year Built
This stunning Victorian home is what one would expect to find in Vermont's oldest city! Enter through the double door into the main foyer where you are greeted with immediate charm of the original woodwork and warm refinished hardwood floors which are featured throughout the home. To the right, sits the living room with bay window, whitewashed exposed ceiling and pellet stove. Beyond, you will see one of the highlights of the home, the hand-carved staircase, and a cozy yet light-filled den with decorative fireplace tucked behind. The dining area with built-in corner cabinet flows nicely into the freshly remodeled kitchen featuring high-end stainless appliances and half bath. As you head up the gorgeous staircase, you will fall in love with the large landing featuring an exposed lathe wall, gas stove, and built-it reading nook with the perfect sunset view overlooking the Adirondacks! 3 bedrooms including a master with a wall of closets, a tastefully updated full bath, and a bonus room with laundry closet complete the second level. Outside, the 3 season porch and back yard will serve as your private oasis boasting grape vines and berry bushes and offers plenty of space for gardening, fire pit, shed and family fun. Walking distance to everything in downtown Vergennes as well as the Otter Creek basin and falls. Truly an exquisite home offering historic character throughout, yet approachable and comfortable with modern touches-perfect combination old and new in this forever home!
Ask Me A Question
- LM MST WGARAttached
- List Price$399,000
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Total Baths2
- MLS Number4656483
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot
- ZoningHistoric Neighborhood(HN)
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Road Frontage82
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Property TypeSingle Family
- ElectricCircuit Breaker(s)
- Heat FuelGas - LP/Bottle, Oil, Pellet
- Heat SystemMulti Zone, Radiator, Stove - Gas, Stove - Pellet
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NNo
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Tax Map
- PossessionAt Closing
- StreetSouth Water
- Building Number21
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- DistrictAddison Northwest
- Elementary SchoolVergennes UES #44
- Junior HighVergennes UHSD #5
- High SchoolVergennes UHSD #5
- AreaIn Town, Near Shopping, Near Public Transportatn
- Room 1 TypeKitchen
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions16' x 19'5"
- Room 2 TypeDining Room
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions15'8" x 20'10"
- Room 3 TypeDen
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions9' x 11'5"
- Room 4 TypeLiving Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions13'9" x 15'8"
- Room 5 TypeMaster Bedroom
- Room 5 Level2
- Room 5 Dimensions12'10" x 15'9"
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions9'10" x 15'9"
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions10'9" x 14'1"
- Room 8 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 8 Level2
- Room 8 Dimensions14'5" x 15"
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Dining Area, Fireplace - Gas, Fireplaces - 2, Hearth, Lead/Stain Glass, Living/Dining, Natural Light, Natural Woodwork, Laundry - 2nd Floor
- Year Built1853
- Full Baths1
- FloorsHardwood, Softwood, Tile
- Water HeaterOwned
- Total Rooms8
- APX Unfin Below Grade864
- BasementBulkhead, Concrete Floor, Crawl Space, Dirt Floor, Insulated, Stairs - Interior, Storage Space, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- Half Bath1
- Property StyleHistoric Vintage, Victorian
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Square Feet2485
- RoofShingle, Slate
- Exterior ColorYellow
- Exterior FeaturesGarden Space, Natural Shade, Porch - Enclosed
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom,1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr, Hard Surface Flooring
- Parking Spaces1
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, Parking Spaces 2
- Broker NameThe Real Estate Company of Vermont, LLC
- Agent NameBirong
- Date Listed08/31/2017
- StatusActive With Contract
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos27
- View Count18
There is no data available
There is no data available
"Geri was excellent to work with. She provided great guidance from the point of getting the house ready tp sell through every part of the sales process. Our house was well advertised. Maybe the most critical part for us was the negotiation phase, where her experience helped us save thousands."
- Andy & Erica, Georgia 2015
"I would like to thank Geri and her team. They helped us in the process of selling our home from A-Z. Geri came in and gave us her honest opinion of what we needed to do to make our house sell in today's market. Any questions we had Geri and her team were always available to answer them. Geri made the process very easy for us with [...]
- Joe & Diane, South Burlington 2016
"We found Geri and her team to be very prompt and responsive in meeting our real estate needs. If there were any points of confusion, they were quickly addressed and rectified. Geri maintained a very calm, professional demeanor throughout the listing, negotiating and [...]
- Dennis & Wendy, Jericho 2015
I couldn't have asked for a better real estate professional. Geri Reilly is a very knowledgeable, gently persistent, courteous, honest professional who is willing to go the extra ten miles to get the sale and closing done. Geri Reilly Real Estate are a great team to have on your side and her experience and contacts made what initially [...]
S. Brown, Colchester
Tammy & Brian, Fairfax VT
Thank you for your help with everything. I admire your knowledge, grace and professionalism. Thanks again for a job well done.
"Geri is easy to talk to and follows through on all the little loose bits and pieces. She is patient and thorough. We could not have asked for a better realtor."
- Leslie & Bob, South Burlington
Geri Reilly is a first-rate realtor who provides good advice and understands the needs of her client. She is an absolute professional and so knowledgeable about every aspect of the process. She went ABOVE and BEYOND our expectations in doing everything that she could to sell our house and was actively involved everyday including our closing day. [...]
Chris & Tim, South Burlington
Geri Reilly and her team made the process of viewing, contracting, dealing, and closing on a home very smooth. They took a lot of the anxiety out of our first time home buying experience.
"Geri is fantastic! My husband has been working out of state during the week for a year, and we had moved into our new home out of state. Geri was compassionate, supportive, and smart. Geri told me what things really didnt need to be done, what would still be helpful, and when she got started things really went lightning fast. In two [...]