21 South Water StreetVergennes, VT 05491MLS Number 4656483
- Sale Price: $362,500
- 145 Days Since Sale
- 1853Year Built
This stunning Victorian home is what one would expect to find in Vermont's oldest city! Enter through the double door into the main foyer where you are greeted with immediate charm of the original woodwork and warm refinished hardwood floors which are featured throughout the home. To the right, sits the living room with bay window, whitewashed exposed ceiling and pellet stove. Beyond, you will see one of the highlights of the home, the hand-carved staircase, and a cozy yet light-filled den with decorative fireplace tucked behind. The dining area with built-in corner cabinet flows nicely into the freshly remodeled kitchen featuring high-end stainless appliances and half bath. As you head up the gorgeous staircase, you will fall in love with the large landing featuring an exposed lathe wall, gas stove, and built-it reading nook with the perfect sunset view overlooking the Adirondacks! 3 bedrooms including a master with a wall of closets, a tastefully updated full bath, and a bonus room with laundry closet complete the second level. Outside, the 3 season porch and back yard will serve as your private oasis boasting grape vines and berry bushes and offers plenty of space for gardening, fire pit, shed and family fun. Walking distance to everything in downtown Vergennes as well as the Otter Creek basin and falls. Truly an exquisite home offering historic character throughout, yet approachable and comfortable with modern touches-perfect combination old and new in this forever home!
Ask Me A Question
- Parking Spaces1
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, Parking Spaces 2
- Year Built1853
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Property StyleHistoric Vintage, Victorian
- Full Baths1
- Half Bath1
- Total Baths2
- Total Rooms8
- Square Feet2485
- APX Unfin Below Grade864
- BasementBulkhead, Concrete Floor, Crawl Space, Dirt Floor, Insulated, Stairs - Interior, Storage Space, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- Exterior FeaturesGarden Space, Natural Shade, Porch - Enclosed
- Exterior ColorYellow
- RoofShingle, Slate
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom,1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr, Hard Surface Flooring
- Date Listed08/31/2017
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos27
- View Count27
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Property TypeSingle Family
- List Price$375,000
- Listing Agent NameDanelle Birong
- Agent NameBirong
- Broker NameThe Real Estate Company of Vermont, LLC
- Sale Agent613124
- Selling Agent NameBeth Stanway
- Sale Date02/27/2018
- Sale Price$362,500
- LM MST WGARAttached
- MLS Number4656483
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Dining Area, Fireplace - Gas, Fireplaces - 2, Hearth, Lead/Stain Glass, Living/Dining, Natural Light, Natural Woodwork, Laundry - 2nd Floor
- Room 1 TypeKitchen
- Room 1 Level1
- FloorsHardwood, Softwood, Tile
- Room 1 Dimensions16' x 19'5"
- Room 2 TypeDining Room
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions15'8" x 20'10"
- Room 3 TypeDen
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions9' x 11'5"
- Room 4 TypeLiving Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions13'9" x 15'8"
- Room 5 TypeMaster Bedroom
- Room 5 Level2
- Room 5 Dimensions12'10" x 15'9"
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions9'10" x 15'9"
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions10'9" x 14'1"
- Room 8 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 8 Level2
- Room 8 Dimensions14'5" x 15"
- Building Number21
- StreetSouth Water Street
- DistrictAddison Northwest
- Elementary SchoolVergennes UES #44
- Junior HighVergennes UHSD #5
- High SchoolVergennes UHSD #5
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- AreaIn Town, Near Shopping, Near Public Transportatn
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Road Frontage82
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Heat FuelGas - LP/Bottle, Oil, Pellet
- Heat SystemMulti Zone, Radiator, Stove - Gas, Stove - Pellet
- Water HeaterOwned
- ElectricCircuit Breaker(s)
- Tax ReductionNo
- ZoningHistoric Neighborhood(HN)
- Surveyed Y/NNo
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Tax Map
- PossessionAt Closing
There is no data available
There is no data available
"We found Geri and her team to be very prompt and responsive in meeting our real estate needs. If there were any points of confusion, they were quickly addressed and rectified. Geri maintained a very calm, professional demeanor throughout the listing, negotiating and [...]
- Dennis & Wendy, Jericho 2015
Geri and her staff were wonderful throughout the entire sales process. Anytime we had a question they were extremely quick to find the answer and get back to us immediately. She had people on call to quickly and inexpensively fix items that needed repair. She was able to achieve our goal of selling our home when other agencies had fallen [...]
Tina & Sam, Milton
Thank you again for helping us buy our new house. We're settling in slowly, and really love it. You guys were total pros to work with and I appreciate all of your help.
“Geri was professional, resourceful, and a pleasure to work with. She provided me with all the information I needed to sell my condo in such an efficient manner. I would highly recommend Geri Reilly for all your real estate needs.”
– Lisa, South Burlington 2017
"Geri was amazing! She was knowledgeable about the housing market like no other agent I spoke with. We had our house on the market for less than a week and we had two offers! I will definitely use Geri and her team for ALL of my future house buying/selling needs. And [...]
- Toni, Essex Jct 2015
Geri has by far been the best realtor we have ever worked with. She was always professional but in a warm, friendly way. I often felt like I must be her only client because her attention and responses were so prompt, even though I know how busy she is. We sold our house promptly and found a great condo, all thanks to Geri!
"Geri and her entire team were amazing from start to finish. They were knowledgeable, professional, and worked with me personally to customize my individual needs to help me buy a home."
-Tanya, Essex Junction 2017
Geri you are the best. Thank you for all the extra attention you paid to mom and her family. You did exactly what you said you would and went up and beyond getting that house sold.
Carole, South Burlington 2014
Jim, Colchester, VT
"Geri and her team were helpful in helping us as first time homeowners. would recommend for any potential homeowners. We thought finding a home in our price range would be difficult, but it was made pretty easy thanks to Geri Reilly Real Estate"