- 2017Year Built
Brand new net zero home is now available in the Champlain Valley Cohousing community set on 125 acres in bucolic Charlotte! Built by Fiddlehead Construction, 2016 Efficiency Vermont award winner, this high performance home not only allows for sustainable energy use, but also incorporates resilient materials for ease of maintenance for years to come. This 3BR, 2.5 bath home features cement board siding, architectural shingles, triple-pane tilt-turn windows, and locally-milled timberframe porches. Inside you will find maple flooring, locally-made kitchen and bath cabinetry, LED lighting, and energy star appliances. Enter through the mudroom and right into the open kitchen/living area which flows to the shared green space out your back door. The first floor also offers a handicap accessible master bedroom with bath, and the second level boasts two bedrooms, office, full bath, and a laundry room. Solar photovoltaic array, heat pump systems for heating/cooling, recovery ventilation, and heat pump hot water heater will allow you to live with little impact on the environment. Enjoy the common land via the walking paths intertwining with the Charlotte Town Trail through pasture, meadow and mature forest brimming with wildflowers, forest birds and wildlife. This cohousing neighborhood, ideally located only 3 miles to Lake Champlain and 15 miles to Burlington, also offers a community yurt, garden, swimming pond and the potential for small farming opportunities.
Ask Me A Question
- LM MST WGARCarport
- List Price$399,000
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Total Baths3
- MLS Number4643723
- Lot Description
- Country Setting
- Mountain View
- Walking Trails
- DrivewayCommon/Shared, Crushed Stone, Dirt
- RoadsAssociation, Private, Shared
- Road Frontage62
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Property TypeSingle Family
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom,1st Floor 3/4 Bathroom,1st Floor Bedroom,1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr, Bathroom w/Roll-in Shower, Hard Surface Flooring
- Parking Spaces1
- AmenitiesCommon Acreage, Playground, Sewer, Snow Removal, Trash, Water
- Parking DescriptionAssigned, Parking Spaces 2, Covered
- Broker NameThe Real Estate Company of Vermont, LLC
- Agent NameBirong
- Date Listed06/27/2017
- Foot Print Dim24' x 32'
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos40
- View Count35
- Building Number22
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- SubdivisionChamplain Valley Cohousing
- DistrictChittenden South
- Elementary SchoolCharlotte Central School
- Junior HighCharlotte Central School
- High SchoolChamplain Valley UHSD #15
- AreaNear Paths, Neighborhood, Rural
- Room 1 TypeKitchen
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions8'9" x 13'x3"
- Room 2 TypeLiving/Dining
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions12 x 18'8"
- Room 3 TypeMaster Bedroom
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions10'8" x 11'
- Room 4 TypeBedroom
- Room 4 Level2
- Room 4 Dimensions10'7" x 12' 6"
- Room 5 TypeBedroom
- Room 5 Level2
- Room 5 Dimensions11' x 13'
- Room 6 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions8'9" x 13'
- Room 7 TypeBath - Full
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions7'8" x 9'
- Room 8 TypeBath - 3/4
- Room 8 Level1
- Room 8 Dimensions8'6" x 6'10"
- Room 9 TypeBath - 1/2
- Room 9 Level1
- Room 9 Dimensions2'7" x 6'5"
- Interior FeaturesLight Fixtures -Enrgy Rtd, Lighting - LED, Natural Light, Natural Woodwork
- Year Built2017
- Full Baths1
- FloorsHardwood, Tile
- 3/4 Baths1
- Water HeaterElectric, On Demand, Other, Owned
- Total Rooms6
- BasementClimate Controlled, Crawl Space, Insulated
- Half Bath1
- Property StyleFarmhouse, Reproduction
- Building ConstructionGreen Features -See Rmrks, Wood Frame
- ConstructionNew Construction
- Square Feet1536
- RoofShingle - Architectural
- Exterior ColorGreen
- ExteriorClapboard, Other
- Exterior FeaturesDoors - Energy Star, Porch, Porch - Covered, Storage, Windows - Triple Pane
- Electric200 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s), Solar PV - Roof Mount
- Heat FuelElectric, Solar
- Heat SystemElectric, Energy Star System, Heat Pump, Multi Zone, Programmable Thermostat, Wall Units
- SewerCommunity, Private, Shared, Septic
- WaterCommunity, Drilled Well, Private, Shared
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NYes
- Docs AvailableAssociation Docs, Building Plans, Covenants, Property Disclosure, Survey
- PossessionAt Closing
There is no data available
There is no data available
|School Name||Distance||Type||Grades||Test Score Rating||Parent Rating|
"In the past we've used other realtors and were unsuccessful. This time we heard from our friend about Geri Reilly and couldn't have been more pleased. Our condo had 4 showings and an offer was made. She's down to business, passionate to all, the team she has working underneath her is fantastic! I will say now that we [...]
-Kelly & Paul, Colchester
A tiny note with a great big thank you. You were great to work with and I appreciate all your help. Can't wait for you to see my new abode.
Pat, South Burlington, VT
"Geri is great! Very knowledgeable, does her homework and is very attentive. Very helpful to us as the properties we sold were from an estate. Always pleasant and professional."
-Wanda, Colchester 2017
"Geri Reilly is the Best Realtor in the World. Experienced. Understanding. Thorough. Attentive. Proactive. I sold my apartment through Geri Reilly, and it's the best decision I could have made. She's really good; she knows what she's doing; AND she's a very nice human [...]
-Richard, Burlington 2016
Thanks. If it wasn't for you I would probably never have owned a house! You made it so easy. I love everything about my new home! Thanks for finding it for me. You make the world a better place.
Bev, New Haven, VT
From my initial contact with Geri Reilly concerning my interest in the area, she and her staff provided me with outstanding service. They provided me with detailed information about the market, responded in a timely manner to my queries and requests, arranged a highly organized and efficient weekend of home tours that was consistent with my [...]
LJR, Colchester 2014
"Geri and her staff were thorough and responsive to my needs. The brochure that they provided was professionally executed and showed my property off in the most positive light. Their information, guidance and assistance helped me throughout the process. They were always friendly, positive, [...]
- Leslie, Shelburne 2015
Thank you so very much for all that you've done in selling the farm land and getting us through each situation that occurred. Take care and God bless!
George, Dawn and Ken
I want to thank you, thank you, thank you, so much for the wonderful thing you did for Ruth and I. You made it happen! You are the best! I will always remember your kindness.
Ruth and Skip, Essex Junction
"Geri was amazing! She was knowledgeable about the housing market like no other agent I spoke with. We had our house on the market for less than a week and we had two offers! I will definitely use Geri and her team for ALL of my future house buying/selling needs. And [...]