- 1838Year Built
Classic VT farmhouse that exudes character & integrity. You'll fall in love with this home the minute you walk in. From the beautiful decorative hardwood flooring to the exposed beams to the antique light fixtures you'll know you've found your new home. Complete with 6 over 6 wavy glass windows, old orig doors and hardware, and a beautiful stained glass entry door the owner has maintained this home while adding necessary modern upgrades. Primarily heated with centrally located pellet stove, the home also has a forced air heating system and a split unit on the wall in the 1st floor master bedroom for heat and AC (recently added with attention to energy efficiency). Lay in bed and look at the stars through French doors. Classy kitchen with granite countertops, modern appliances including 2 ovens and an antique farmer's sink fit so nicely with the custom cupboards, bead board backsplash, ceramic knobs and detailed wood trim. Outside you'll find manicured gardens, raised beds and outbldgs for garden tools, car storage, and animal housing, chicken coop as well as a reclaimed greenhouse that was perfectly converted to a patio for outdoor grilling and entertaining! Current owner had gentleman's farm here for years. Front porch redone last year with antique copper gutters. A lovely village with an inn/pub, library, rec fields and easy access to the Burlington airport. Only 12 miles to Middlebury. Local recreational opps: Champlain bikeway, hiking trails and Lake Champlain.
Ask Me A Question
- LM MST WGARDetached
- List Price$345,000
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Total Baths2
- MLS Number4628028
- Lot Description
- Country Setting
- Farm - Horse/Animal
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Road Frontage125
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Property TypeSingle Family
- ElectricCircuit Breaker(s)
- Heat FuelElectric, Oil, Pellet
- Heat SystemForced Air, Heat Pump, Hot Air, Stove - Pellet
- Assessment #291500
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NYes
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Survey, Tax Map
- FinancingCash Only, Conventional
- PossessionAt Closing
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number153
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- DistrictAddison Central
- Elementary SchoolShoreham Elementary School
- Junior HighMiddlebury Union Middle #3
- High SchoolMiddlebury Senior UHSD #3
- AreaIn Town, Neighborhood, Rural, Village
- Room 1 TypeLiving Room
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions19'8" x 13'4"
- Room 2 TypeFamily Room
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions14' x 14'
- Room 3 TypeDining Room
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions13'5" x 15'5"
- Room 4 TypeKitchen
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions11'9" x 15'
- Room 5 TypeBedroom
- Room 5 Level1
- Room 5 Dimensions15' x 16'
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions14' x 15'
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions10' x 11'
- Room 8 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 8 Level2
- Room 8 Dimensions10' x 9'
- Room 9 TypePlayroom
- Room 9 Level2
- Room 9 Dimensions9' x 7' (2nd flr landing)
- Room 10 TypeLaundry Room
- Room 10 Level1
- Room 10 Dimensions10' x 9'
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Blinds, Ceiling Fan, Dining Area, Kitchen/Dining, Lead/Stain Glass, Natural Light, Natural Woodwork, Soaking Tub, Walk-in Closet, Laundry - 1st Floor
- Year Built1838
- Full Baths2
- FloorsHardwood, Softwood, Vinyl, Wood
- Water HeaterElectric
- Total Rooms9
- APX Unfin Below Grade1193
- BasementBulkhead, Concrete Floor, Crawl Space, Dirt Floor, Full, Stairs - Interior, Unfinished
- FoundationConcrete, Fieldstone
- Property StyleFarmhouse
- Building ConstructionPost and Beam, Wood Frame
- Square Feet2579
- RoofMembrane, Slate, Standing Seam
- Exterior ColorWhite
- ExteriorClapboard, Wood
- Exterior FeaturesBarn, Fence - Partial, Garden Space, Natural Shade, Outbuilding, Patio, Porch - Covered, Shed, Storage, Window Screens
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor Bedroom,1st Floor Full Bathroom,1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr, Bathroom w/Step-in Shower, Bathroom w/Tub, Hard Surface Flooring,1st Floor Laundry
- Parking Spaces1
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, On-Site
- Broker NameIPJ Real Estate
- Agent NameRyan
- Date Listed04/19/2017
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos40
- View Count12
There is no data available
There is no data available
|School Name||Distance||Type||Grades||Test Score Rating||Parent Rating|
Thank you so much for helping us find our house and for making our dream a reality... We love the house and are working hard at making it home!!! Thanks also to the whole team for making this possible, keep up the good work, we think of you often and hope we can get together at some point if you want to see what we have done so [...]
Dan, Julie, Stephanie and Emilie, VT
From my initial contact with Geri Reilly concerning my interest in the area, she and her staff provided me with outstanding service. They provided me with detailed information about the market, responded in a timely manner to my queries and requests, arranged a highly organized and efficient weekend of home tours that was consistent with my [...]
LJR, Colchester 2014
"My experience buying a house through Geri was excellent. I was shown the type of places I requested, but when i found them lacking I was shown a different type of place that was much better. I ended up in a home that was nicer than I thought I would ever get on my [...]
- Douglas, South Burlington 2015
"For the first time, I've seen the benefit of speaking to several realtors before making a final decision on who to list with. We were going to go with someone else, until we met you. Friends of ours even suggested using Picket Fence... what a mistake that would have been for us. Simply [...]
- Vernon & Linda, Williston 2016
"In the past we've used other realtors and were unsuccessful. This time we heard from our friend about Geri Reilly and couldn't have been more pleased. Our condo had 4 showings and an offer was made. She's down to business, passionate to all, the team she has working underneath her is fantastic! I will say now that we [...]
-Kelly & Paul, Colchester
I can't thank you enough for the incredible job you did on the listing, showing and sale of my condo in Williston. Your professionalism and skills are unmatched! You made the whole process enjoyable and educational. I very much appreciate all your help and guidance. I wish you continued success!
Jackie, South Burlington, VT
Geri Reilly is the absolute best realtor out there. Without her hard work and diligence on my complicated closing, I never would have sold my house. She worked every day for at least four months to resolve a lease land issue. She never gave up on me even after constant dead ends. I highly recommend her.
- Cheryl, Colchester 2016
Thank you so very much for all you and your team did for me in the acquisition of my new home. I went to the house after the closing. The sun was shining in through the windows, birds were singing and butterflies were floating through the garden. I had a complete sense of peace and happiness. I am thrilled with our new home.
Cindy, Burlington, VT
"We are from Florida and were looking at a lake home as a second home/income property. Not knowing anyone in the area we contacted Geri Reilly because she was the listing agent on a property we were very interested in seeing. We were contacted almost immediately by Wendy O'Brien who works on Geri's team and she set us up with a [...]
- Jon & Rick, Alburgh
A tiny note with a great big thank you. You were great to work with and I appreciate all your help. Can't wait for you to see my new abode.