- 1880Year Built
This 3 bedroom, 2 bath home is the perfect combination of a vintage Vergennes house with modern energy efficient upgrades, including solar. Enjoy the benefit of possibly not paying an electric bill for years to come as the solar lease is paid until 2032! From the paved driveway, enter through the mudroom and into the eat-in kitchen offering southern exposure. Spacious pantry, lots of cabinet space, island, and some newer appliances including a 5 burner gas range will be an exciting feature for the cook. The dining area opens up to a den with slate surround and wood stove hook up which can become another option for alternative heating. The 1st floor also offers a living room with post and beam detail; a family room grounded with pine flooring, gas heat stove and bay windows; a first floor bedroom with another bay window perfect for a reading nook; and a full bath. 2 bedrooms with good-sized closets and 1 bathroom featuring a claw foot tub complete the second floor. Pull down access to attic as well as additional unfinished space with potential for more storage. An enclosed porch on the front of the house provides some indoor/outdoor living as well as a back deck with built-in seating. Finally, a 1.5 story carriage barn with room for 2 cars, workshop areas and 2nd floor add even more value to the home - great for one looking for a hobby space or simply more storage. Easily walk downtown to visit the great restaurants, shopping and town green!
Ask Me A Question
- LM MST WGARAttached
- List Price$239,000
- Total Baths2
- MLS Number4623473
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot, Level, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Road Frontage70
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Property TypeSingle Family
- Electric150 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s), Solar PV - Roof Mount
- Heat FuelGas - LP/Bottle, Oil, Solar
- Heat SystemElectric, Hot Air, Other, Stove - Gas
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NNo
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Tax Map
- FinancingCash Only, Conventional, FHA, Rural Development, Solar PV - Leased, VA, VTFHA
- PossessionAt Closing
- Building Number43
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- DistrictAddison Northwest
- Elementary SchoolVergennes UES #44
- Junior HighVergennes UHSD #5
- High SchoolVergennes UHSD #5
- AreaIn Town, Near Shopping, Village, Near Public Transportatn
- Room 1 TypeKitchen - Eat-in
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions13'8" x 16'
- Room 2 TypeDen
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions8'8" x 16'
- Room 3 TypeLiving Room
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions10'4" x 12'6"
- Room 4 TypeFamily Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions12' x 17'4"
- Room 5 TypeBedroom
- Room 5 Level1
- Room 5 Dimensions11' x 12'7"
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions12'6" x 17'
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions10' x 11'2"
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Ceiling Fan, Dining Area, Fireplace - Gas, Hearth, Kitchen/Dining, Natural Woodwork, Surround Sound Wiring, Wood Stove Hook-up
- Year Built1880
- Full Baths1
- FloorsCarpet, Laminate, Softwood, Vinyl
- 3/4 Baths1
- Water HeaterGas - LP/Bottle, Owned
- Total Rooms7
- APX Unfin Below Grade1002
- BasementConcrete Floor, Insulated, Stairs - Interior, Storage Space, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- FoundationPoured Concrete, Stone
- Property StyleDetached, Farmhouse, Freestanding, Historic Vintage
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Square Feet1677
- RoofShingle, Shingle - Architectural
- Exterior ColorBrown
- Exterior FeaturesBarn, Deck, Garden Space, Outbuilding, Porch - Enclosed, Storage
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor Bedroom,1st Floor Full Bathroom
- GarageStorage Above, Barn
- Parking Spaces2
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, Off Street, Paved
- Broker NameThe Real Estate Company of Vermont, LLC
- Agent NameBirong
- Date Listed03/22/2017
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos26
- View Count20
There is no data available
There is no data available
|School Name||Distance||Type||Grades||Test Score Rating||Parent Rating|
We had a great experience with Geri and her team. Dedicateed, professional, and knowledgable of the market. Geri's work ethic is quite evident when you start to work with her. In our case, to receive the best offer possible for your house. Our house sold after 3 days on the market, and very close to asking price. For anyone looking for a [...]
Ian & Dale, Essex Jct 2014
"Geri was professional, and got us a significantly higher price than any other real estate agent even thought possible. Other agents wanted to list at $250K, Geri said to list at $265K, it sold with multiple offers in one day at $272K. I'd highly recommend her."
- Sean & Jennifer, South Burlington 2016
Thanks for all the work. You have a great team. Always on top of things. Pictures were great. Advertising was wonderful. Thanks for all your help in listing and buying. We might have spent too much on the buying end without your input.
John and Janice, Williston
“Geri was professional, resourceful, and a pleasure to work with. She provided me with all the information I needed to sell my condo in such an efficient manner. I would highly recommend Geri Reilly for all your real estate needs.”
– Lisa, South Burlington 2017
Dear Geri & Crew: Thank you so much for selling my Burlington property. You made it easy even though I was out of town. Thanks for organizing the repairs, letting me know what paperwork needed to be done and coordinating everything with my lawyer.
Geri and her team make a complicated process seem like a breeze. The entire team is professional, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. We very highly recommend Geri and her team — they are simply the best!
Robert and Melissa, Westford
"I was extremely impressed with the service I received working with Geri. I was an out of town owner, so Geri carried the ball throughout the process of selling my lake home. I was kept well informed at all times. Geri gives it her all!!"
- Jackie, Ferrisburgh 2016
"Geri has a competent staff, and uses the various skills of her employees to aide the buyer from start to finish. Geri, herself, is a master negotiator - the one you want representing you in the final hour. Ellen Zdyb showed me properties and didn't waste my time - she knew what I would like. When it was time to make an offer, she [...]
- Stephanie, Burlington
"We are from Florida and were looking at a lake home as a second home/income property. Not knowing anyone in the area we contacted Geri Reilly because she was the listing agent on a property we were very interested in seeing. We were contacted almost immediately by Wendy O'Brien who works on Geri's team and she set us up with a [...]
- Jon & Rick, Alburgh
"For the first time, I've seen the benefit of speaking to several realtors before making a final decision on who to list with. We were going to go with someone else, until we met you. Friends of ours even suggested using Picket Fence... what a mistake that would have been for us. Simply [...]