43 Main StreetVergennes, VT 05491MLS Number 4623473
- Sale Price: $230,000
- 121 Days Since Sale
- 1880Year Built
This 3 bedroom, 2 bath home is the perfect combination of a vintage Vergennes house with modern energy efficient upgrades, including solar. Enjoy the benefit of possibly not paying an electric bill for years to come as the solar lease is paid until 2032! From the paved driveway, enter through the mudroom and into the eat-in kitchen offering southern exposure. Spacious pantry, lots of cabinet space, island, and some newer appliances including a 5 burner gas range will be an exciting feature for the cook. The dining area opens up to a den with slate surround and wood stove hook up which can become another option for alternative heating. The 1st floor also offers a living room with post and beam detail; a family room grounded with pine flooring, gas heat stove and bay windows; a first floor bedroom with another bay window perfect for a reading nook; and a full bath. 2 bedrooms with good-sized closets and 1 bathroom featuring a claw foot tub complete the second floor. Pull down access to attic as well as additional unfinished space with potential for more storage. An enclosed porch on the front of the house provides some indoor/outdoor living as well as a back deck with built-in seating. Finally, a 1.5 story carriage barn with room for 2 cars, workshop areas and 2nd floor add even more value to the home - great for one looking for a hobby space or simply more storage. Easily walk downtown to visit the great restaurants, shopping and town green!
Ask Me A Question
- LM MST WGARAttached
- List Price$239,000
- Total Baths2
- MLS Number4623473
- Sale Date11/17/2017
- Sale Price$230,000
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot, Level, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Road Frontage70
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Property TypeSingle Family
- Electric150 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s)
- Heat FuelGas - LP/Bottle, Oil, Solar
- Heat SystemElectric, Hot Air, Other, Stove - Gas
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NNo
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Tax Map
- PossessionAt Closing
- Building Number43
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- DistrictAddison Northwest
- Elementary SchoolVergennes UES #44
- Junior HighVergennes UHSD #5
- High SchoolVergennes UHSD #5
- AreaIn Town, Near Shopping, Village, Near Public Transportatn
- Room 1 TypeKitchen - Eat-in
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions13'8" x 16'
- Room 2 TypeDen
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions8'8" x 16'
- Room 3 TypeLiving Room
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions10'4" x 12'6"
- Room 4 TypeFamily Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions12' x 17'4"
- Room 5 TypeBedroom
- Room 5 Level1
- Room 5 Dimensions11' x 12'7"
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions12'6" x 17'
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions10' x 11'2"
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Ceiling Fan, Dining Area, Fireplace - Gas, Hearth, Kitchen/Dining, Natural Woodwork, Surround Sound Wiring, Wood Stove Hook-up
- Year Built1880
- Full Baths1
- FloorsCarpet, Laminate, Softwood, Vinyl
- 3/4 Baths1
- Water HeaterGas - LP/Bottle, Owned
- Total Rooms7
- APX Unfin Below Grade1002
- BasementConcrete Floor, Insulated, Stairs - Interior, Storage Space, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- FoundationPoured Concrete, Stone
- Property StyleDetached, Farmhouse, Freestanding, Historic Vintage
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Square Feet1677
- RoofShingle, Shingle - Architectural
- Exterior ColorBrown
- Exterior FeaturesBarn, Deck, Garden Space, Outbuilding, Porch - Enclosed, Storage
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor Bedroom,1st Floor Full Bathroom
- GarageStorage Above, Barn
- Parking Spaces2
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, Off Street, Paved
- Broker NameThe Real Estate Company of Vermont, LLC
- Agent NameBirong
- Date Listed03/22/2017
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos26
- View Count29
There is no data available
There is no data available
It was very re-assuring to have Geri and Ellen to participate in the process of the purchase of my condo! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions and making yourself available! Best of luck and continued success with your business!
"For the first time, I've seen the benefit of speaking to several realtors before making a final decision on who to list with. We were going to go with someone else, until we met you. Friends of ours even suggested using Picket Fence... what a mistake that would have been for us. Simply [...]
- Vernon & Linda, Williston 2016
"Working with Geri and her team was such an enjoyable experience and I'm so grateful for their help and assistance in finding me the perfect condo. I've been loving every minute of being here!"
Jo, South Burlington 2016
"Geri and her staff worked diligently and patiently with us for an extended period of time until the perfect place for us was available. Geri's experience was invaluable to us during what proved to be a complicated transaction. She went above and beyond and responded to our needs 24/7. A truly exceptional realtor and staff to back her [...]
- Tammy, Underhill 2018
"Geri and her team were awesome throughout my home buying experience. They gave me wonderful direction and handled all aspects of my home search purchase flawlessly. I highly recommend them and would use their services again should the need arise."
- Lee, Essex Junction 2017
Our experience with Geri Reilly covers our last three real estate transactions. Obviously we keep going back because of our strong satisfaction with her professionalism. She is an excellent communicator, extremely knowledgeable, and has a passion to get the job done the right way. In addition, she is a very friendly, sensitive, and fair [...]
Pat & Scott, Essex 2014
"Geri was very helpful and calming during what could be a very stressful time. Geri answered my questions and helped guide me throughout the entire process of selling my home."
- MaryLou, South Burlington 2016
"This will be glowing, as it needs to be. We have built, bought and sold numbers of homes in numbers of states over the years. Geri Reilly and her team were the best in my experience. We had a big house with many particulars - wine cellar, fireplaces, gourmet kitchen, 5 baths, extensive landscaping, etc. Geri led us through the process of [...]
- Muriel, Williston 2017
“I’m glad I picked Geri Reilly as my realtor. Her team is not too big and not too small. I was impressed with how fast, pleasant, and well coordinated they were throughout the process. They got the job done!”
– Nancy, Winooski 2017
"Geri is fantastic! My husband has been working out of state during the week for a year, and we had moved into our new home out of state. Geri was compassionate, supportive, and smart. Geri told me what things really didnt need to be done, what would still be helpful, and when she got started things really went lightning fast. In two [...]