43 MainVergennes, VT 05491MLS Number 4623473
- Sale Price: $230,000
- 246 Days Since Sale
- 1880Year Built
This 3 bedroom, 2 bath home is the perfect combination of a vintage Vergennes house with modern energy efficient upgrades, including solar. Enjoy the benefit of possibly not paying an electric bill for years to come as the solar lease is paid until 2032! From the paved driveway, enter through the mudroom and into the eat-in kitchen offering southern exposure. Spacious pantry, lots of cabinet space, island, and some newer appliances including a 5 burner gas range will be an exciting feature for the cook. The dining area opens up to a den with slate surround and wood stove hook up which can become another option for alternative heating. The 1st floor also offers a living room with post and beam detail; a family room grounded with pine flooring, gas heat stove and bay windows; a first floor bedroom with another bay window perfect for a reading nook; and a full bath. 2 bedrooms with good-sized closets and 1 bathroom featuring a claw foot tub complete the second floor. Pull down access to attic as well as additional unfinished space with potential for more storage. An enclosed porch on the front of the house provides some indoor/outdoor living as well as a back deck with built-in seating. Finally, a 1.5 story carriage barn with room for 2 cars, workshop areas and 2nd floor add even more value to the home - great for one looking for a hobby space or simply more storage. Easily walk downtown to visit the great restaurants, shopping and town green!
Ask Me A Question
- Parking Spaces2
- GarageStorage Above, Barn
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, Off Street, Paved
- Year Built1880
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Property StyleDetached, Farmhouse, Freestanding, Historic Vintage
- Full Baths1
- 3/4 Baths1
- Total Baths2
- Total Rooms7
- FoundationPoured Concrete, Stone
- Square Feet1677
- APX Unfin Below Grade1002
- BasementConcrete Floor, Insulated, Stairs - Interior, Storage Space, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- Heat FuelGas - LP/Bottle, Oil, Solar
- Heat SystemElectric, Hot Air, Other, Stove - Gas
- Water HeaterGas - LP/Bottle, Owned
- Electric150 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s)
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NNo
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Tax Map
- PossessionAt Closing
- Property TypeSingle Family
- List Price$239,000
- Listing Agent NameDanelle Birong
- Agent NameBirong
- Broker NameThe Real Estate Company of Vermont, LLC
- Sale Agent609975
- Selling Agent NameDanelle Birong
- Sale Date11/17/2017
- Sale Price$230,000
- LM MST WGARAttached
- MLS Number4623473
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Ceiling Fan, Dining Area, Fireplace - Gas, Hearth, Kitchen/Dining, Natural Woodwork, Surround Sound Wiring, Wood Stove Hook-up
- Room 1 TypeKitchen - Eat-in
- Room 1 Level1
- FloorsCarpet, Laminate, Softwood, Vinyl
- Room 1 Dimensions13'8" x 16'
- Room 2 TypeDen
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions8'8" x 16'
- Room 3 TypeLiving Room
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions10'4" x 12'6"
- Room 4 TypeFamily Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions12' x 17'4"
- Room 5 TypeBedroom
- Room 5 Level1
- Room 5 Dimensions11' x 12'7"
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions12'6" x 17'
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions10' x 11'2"
- Building Number43
- DistrictAddison Northwest
- Elementary SchoolVergennes UES #44
- Junior HighVergennes UHSD #5
- High SchoolVergennes UHSD #5
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- AreaIn Town, Near Shopping, Village, Near Public Transportatn
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot, Level, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Road Frontage70
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Exterior FeaturesBarn, Deck, Garden Space, Outbuilding, Porch - Enclosed, Storage
- Exterior ColorBrown
- RoofShingle, Shingle - Architectural
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor Bedroom,1st Floor Full Bathroom
- Date Listed03/22/2017
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos26
- View Count30
There is no data available
There is no data available
My wife and I would highly recommend Geri and her staff should you need to purchase or sell a home in the area. We worked primarily with Stephanie O'Brien and Geri Reilly and had a wonderful experience with both. They knew the area of Chittenden County that we were looking to buy in very well, and kept us abreast of new homes coming onto [...]
Brad & Anne, South Burlington
"Geri did an outstanding job in the process of selling our home. Geri was very responsive to all of our needs during the transition. With me being out of state Geri kept me informed of all issues that were occurring during the course of the sale. Geri had to step in at times during the negotiation process and lend her expertise so the [...]
- Jay, Williston
“Geri and her team were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. From listing the property through the actual closing, Geri and her team proved to be knowledgeable and responsive at all times and she has a great balance of being both professional and pleasant to work with. Geri assisted with recommending contractors who were [...]
- Diane, Essex 2018
"This will be glowing, as it needs to be. We have built, bought and sold numbers of homes in numbers of states over the years. Geri Reilly and her team were the best in my experience. We had a big house with many particulars - wine cellar, fireplaces, gourmet kitchen, 5 baths, extensive landscaping, etc. Geri led us through the process of [...]
- Muriel, Williston 2017
Geri Reilly is the absolute best realtor out there. Without her hard work and diligence on my complicated closing, I never would have sold my house. She worked every day for at least four months to resolve a lease land issue. She never gave up on me even after constant dead ends. I highly recommend her.
- Cheryl, Colchester 2016
We cannot thank you enough in selling the apartment so quickly. You were great in handling the process. Again, thank you - you are the best!
Pauline & Reg
Geri was fantastic! The concierge services were a godsend. Geri was always on top of everything and walked us through the whole process!!
Joey & Karen
"Geri was excellent to work with. She provided great guidance from the point of getting the house ready tp sell through every part of the sales process. Our house was well advertised. Maybe the most critical part for us was the negotiation phase, where her experience helped us save thousands."
- Andy & Erica, Georgia 2015
To everyone at Geri Reilly Real Estate: Thank you for a job well done. The entire process from listing to selling to closing went very smoothly and quickly. It was a pleasure doing business with your firm. We would recommend your company to anyone interested in buying or selling a home.
Carolyn and Gary, Florida
"We truly enjoyed our experience with Geri. She is very knowledgeable and she got the job done. We highly recommend her and her team! It was a very stressful time for us as our home took a lot longer to sell than we anticipated. We were on the higher end of prices for Milton so the market was not as fast moving."