- 1965Year Built
Located on the outskirts of charming Ripton Village and just a stone's throw from the new Elementary School sits this charming 3 bedroom Bow House Cape on its newly expanded 10 acre site. When it was built back in the 1960's, this home actually had Lake Champlain views which have receded due to the maturing local forest. In spite of that, this property still enjoys exceptional Green Mountain views along with a wonderful mix of meadow land and forest. Inside you will find a huge country kitchen full of cabinets and closets and loads of working counter space. The informal living / dining room has weathered oak floors and a replica brick wood-burning hearth complete with cooking crane and implements. The bookcase-lined back den has its own wood-burning fireplace and 1/2 bath. A back addition was added in the 1980's that features a small rustic in-law apartment with 3/4 bath and kitchenette with direct access to the laundry room, first floor family room and wonderful screened porch. The 10 acre parcel is a wonderful mixture of south sloping meadows and mature mixed hard and softwood forest with a large spring-fed pond to complete the scene. While some Ripton homes can feel distant and isolated, this home is less than 10 minutes to east Middlebury or 20 minutes to Downtown Middlebury and all it has to offer.
Ask Me A Question
- LM MST WGARAttached
- List Price$299,500
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Total Baths2
- MLS Number4620293
- Room 1 TypeKitchen
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions17'8" x 19'
- Room 2 TypeLiving/Dining
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions13'8" x 30'
- Room 3 TypeDen
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions11'4" x 14'8"
- Room 4 TypeMaster Bedroom
- Room 4 Level2
- Room 4 Dimensions11'8" x 14' 8"
- Room 5 TypeOther
- Room 5 Level2
- Room 5 Dimensions14' x 14'
- Room 6 TypeBedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions11'8" x 13'
- Room 7 TypeFamily Room
- Room 7 Level1
- Room 7 Dimensions11'8"x18'
- Room 8 TypeMudroom
- Room 8 Level1
- Room 8 Dimensions9'7" x 10'2"
- Room 9 TypeOther
- Room 9 Level1
- Room 9 Dimensions11'4" x 15' 6"
- Room 10 TypeBedroom
- Room 10 Level1
- Room 10 Dimensions9'9" x 13'7"
- Room 11 TypePorch
- Room 11 Level1
- Room 11 Dimensions9'8" x 15'
- Interior FeaturesFireplace - Wood, Fireplaces - 2, Hearth, In-Law/Accessory Dwelling, Kitchen Island, Living/Dining, Natural Light, Laundry - 1st Floor
- StreetRobbins Crossroad
- Building Number471
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- DistrictRipton School District
- Lot Description
- Country Setting
- Mountain View
- DrivewayCommon/Shared, Gravel
- RoadsGravel, Public
- Road Frontage584
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsResidential
- Property TypeSingle Family
- ElectricCircuit Breaker(s), Generator
- Heat FuelElectric, Oil
- Heat SystemBaseboard, Hot Water, Multi Zone
- WaterDrilled Well
- Broker NameColdwell Banker Hickok and Boardman
- Agent Namevon Trapp
- Date Listed03/03/2017
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos40
- View Count54
- Year Built1965
- Full Baths1
- FloorsHardwood, Softwood, Wood
- Water HeaterDomestic, Off Boiler
- Total Rooms9
- APX Unfin Below Grade1428
- BasementConcrete, Full, Stairs - Interior, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- Half Bath1
- FoundationConcrete, Poured Concrete
- Property StyleCape
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Square Feet2567
- RoofShingle - Architectural, Shingle - Asphalt, Standing Seam
- Exterior ColorNatural
- ExteriorShake, Shingle, Wood
- Exterior FeaturesBarn, Garden Space, Outbuilding
- Parking Spaces1
- Tax ReductionYes
- Surveyed Y/NYes
- Docs AvailableCovenants, Deed, Plot Plan, Property Disclosure, Right-Of-Way (ROW), Survey, Tax Map
- FinancingBank Financing Possible, Conventional, Rural Development
- PossessionAt Closing
There is no data available
There is no data available
|School Name||Distance||Type||Grades||Test Score Rating||Parent Rating|
It was very re-assuring to have Geri and Ellen to participate in the process of the purchase of my condo! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions and making yourself available! Best of luck and continued success with your business!
Thanks. If it wasn't for you I would probably never have owned a house! You made it so easy. I love everything about my new home! Thanks for finding it for me. You make the world a better place.
Bev, New Haven, VT
"Geri was extremely helpful during the sale of our house. We ended up selling our house in only four days. With Geri's knowledge of local real estate we were able to decide on the right asking price. Geri also helped me with ideas when it came to staging our home to sell quickly."
- Margaret & Bert, Burlington 2015
"We found Geri and her team to be very prompt and responsive in meeting our real estate needs. If there were any points of confusion, they were quickly addressed and rectified. Geri maintained a very calm, professional demeanor throughout the listing, negotiating and [...]
- Dennis & Wendy, Jericho 2015
"Geri Reilly and her team were amazing to work with! It was evident that we were getting the best service in the way we were kept in the loop on every communication, the way Geri worked hard negotiating terms and was able to get exactly what we asked for and more. The overall experience was delightful and we would not hesitate to [...]
- Elizabeth & Kush, Essex Jct
"We highly recommend the Geri Reilly team to anyone looking to purchase a new home in Vermont! The Geri Reilly team was always available when we needed them - weekends, after hours - and got back to us qucikly. Ellen Zydb got us in to see every house we were [...]
- Valerie & James, Colchester 2015
Geri is the best, I called her from Florida where I now reside and told her I wanted to sell my condo in Vermont. She handled everything, she had an electrician, fire saftey people, glass people and ther workers come to our condo to do some work required by inspection. She has a closing coordinator in her office that handles everything and [...]
Ken & Sandy, Florida
"Scott and I sincerely thank you for all you have done for us over the last few weeks leading up to the closing of our home. You personally, and those on your team, have been top notch to work with. Your actions on our behalf, and interactions with us personally, have [...]
- Jill & Scott, Fairfax 2015
"From our first meeting with Geri, she was 100% honest and professional. She is insightful and a clear educator. Her team made the process quick and worry-free. I recommend Geri and her team to anyone wanting to buy or sell properties of any value."
- Linda & David, Cambridge 2015
A tiny note with a great big thank you. You were great to work with and I appreciate all your help. Can't wait for you to see my new abode.