When it's time to move, here are a few things to be sure you take care of.
- Notify of change of address:
- Give the post office a forwarding address.
- Charge accounts and credit cards.
- Magazine subscriptions: generally requires several weeks notice.
- Family and friends.
- Bank: open new account in new location and transfer funds.
- Insurance: obtain health, fire, auto. Change address for life insurance policies.
- Cars: register in new state, notify bank regarding car loans. Register for driver's license, city windshield sticker, motor club membership. Check online.
- Utility companies: gas, light, water, telephone, fuel oil. Refund deposits if possible. Arrange service in new town.
- Notify delivery and other services: newspaper, garbage collection, etc.
- School: get copies of children's records.
- Doctors, dentists: get copies of records and ask for referrals.
- Other organizations: transfer memberships, update records.
- Pets: apply for licenses, update vaccinations, tags, etc.
Questions? Contact us today!