Fall is upon us is your home ready? Here are some maintenance musts when repairing for the cold months ahead.
1. Check for Peeling Paint - protect the siding of your home by making sure existing paint is not peeling or blistering.
2. Clean the Gutters - clogged gutters are one of the major causes of ice dams!
3. Caulk Windows - and door frames. This will help during the winter months as it helps to prevent heat from escaping.
4. Inspect the Roof - check for missing and loose shingles, weather in the months ahead can cause serious damage on your roof.
5. Ready the Fireplace - have your heating system serviced and make sure your wood stove and/or fireplace is in working order!
6. Seal the Driveway - inspect your driveway for cracks, clean out and repair any damage.
7. Reverse Ceiling Fan - changing the direction creates an upward draft that redistributes warm air
8. Cover Air Conditioners - remove units from windows, vacuum internal parts and wrap the outside box (if applicable) with an approved tarp or plastic conditioner cover which will help in prevention of rust on vital parts
9. Clean Yard Equipment - for those that are going into storage; as well as drain fuel from gas-operated equipment. While your at it also check on the status of your snow equipment to make sure they are running.
10. Prepare Deck for Winter - clean your porch as well as furniture before covering and storing in a protected area.
For more fall home maintenance and tips click here!